The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) for the regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. During its 64 years of existence, ICAI has achieved recognition as a premier accounting body not only in the country but also globally, for its contribution in the fields of education, professional development, maintenance of high accounting, auditing and ethical standards. ICAI now is the second largest accounting body in the whole world.
Function/Mission/ Terms of Reference of Women Members Empowerment Sub-Group under Committee for Capacity Building of Members in Practice
- To conceive, formulate and implement plans, policies and programmes for development of Women Members.
- To encourage empowerment of women in the profession of Chartered Accountancy.
- To organise seminars and conferences for Women Empowerment in the field of Chartered Accountancy, various subjects, issues/concerns relating to Women Member.
- To encourage girls to opt for CA course as their career.
- To represent interests of Women Members at government and industry forums.
- To interact with various stakeholders in various sector, self-regulatory organizations and government on matters relating to growth and development of Women Members.
- To create, maintain and update from time to time exclusive website displaying opportunities for Women Members.
- To encourage, groom and create opportunities for Women Members to be the independent directors in the companies under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013.
- To visualise and enhance opportunities for Women Members who opt to work part time from their homes.
- To involve Women Members in various research and publication activities and particularly the Women Members who are not able to leave their homes.
- To involve Women Members in research projects in a manner that the work schedules are flexible.
- To encourage and develop the entrepreneurship skills in Women Members.