The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, viz. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No.XXXVIII of 1949) for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country. The Institute, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The ICAI is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the Indian economy in public interest.
The main objective of Women Members Empowerment Group is to mobilise the Women CAs to join main stream of the profession and to formulate & implement plans, policies and programmes for empowerment of women members.
Function/Mission/ Terms of Reference of Women Members Empowerment Group
- To formulate and implement plans, policies for empowerment of Women Members.
- To explore professional opportunities for women and work towards their empowerment.
- To organise Trainings Programmes, Workshops, Short Term Courses, Seminars, Conferences, Webcasts/ Webinars and Residential Course for women members with Branches/ Regional Councils/ jointly with other committees of ICAI.
- To interact with various stakeholders in various sector, self-regulatory organizations and government on matters relating to growth and development of Women Members.
- Updating and maintaining of existing portal of women members
- To deal with other matter as the Council or the Group may consider appropriate.